Join our dynamic and growing team of receptionists.
Working for Verbatim
Grab a coffee or a cup of tea and make yourself comfortable…
For over 23 years Verbatim have been taking phone calls for busy business owners, so their valued customers aren’t subjected to answerphones or the dreaded engaged tone.
For small businesses who don’t have the budget to employ their own receptionists or perhaps don’t want to, we’re more than just an answering service. We help the business owners protect their time from interruptions so they can be more productive. Larger companies use us to overcome the familiar headaches such as covering the phones during lunchtimes, staff absences and when their lines are busy.
Our receptionists are a cut above the rest and, as one of the team, you’ll be expected to create the right impression both to our clients and to their customers too. If you’re prepared to offer us your commitment and enthusiasm then in return we’ll pay you well, give you plenty of opportunities for training and development and provide an upbeat, friendly working environment where you’ll feel like one of the family.
No recruitment agencies please.
Job Title: Receptionist
What the role involves:
To act as a receptionist/customer service for the company’s client base by answering calls in an appropriate manner and in accordance to the client request.
What you get from us:
- A starting salary of £17,680, rising to £19,552 per annum after six months
- 21 days’ holiday from the start, plus your birthday off as gift from the boss once you’ve been with us for two years. You get another day’s holiday once you’ve been with us for three years, so that’s 23 days in total (including your birthday).
- All public holidays off
- Contributions to your pension plan
- Healthcare cash plan
- Annual profit sharing bonus
- Answering calls in a timely and correct manner
- Directing / connecting calls accurately in a timely fashion
- Obtain callers information by answering telephone calls; verifying information accurately
- Relaying messages quickly and ensuring they are relayed to the correct person
- Order taking – Dealing with customer orders, credit and debit card payments, enquiries and complaints
- Informs clients by explaining procedures; answering questions; providing information
- Help maintain the existing client base making updates and changes where applicable. Maintain continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating any changes.
- Follow company procedures as detailed in the company handbook to help maintain security
- Maintain ICT Systems by following the company’s instructions for computer and communications equipment
- Maintain a safe and clean working area by complying with procedures, rules and regulations
- Maintains and improves quality results by adhering to standards and guideline; recommending improved procedures
- Updates job knowledge by studying new product descriptions; participating in educational opportunities via in-house training (staff from Verbatim or client visits)
- Work to company’s targets and goals.
- Any other duties deemed reasonable by the company
Skills, interests and qualities:
To be a receptionist, you will need to have;
- Excellent Customer Care Skills
- A clear and friendly telephone voice
- Good Computer Skills
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Good Teamwork skills and the ability to work unsupervised
- The ability to work quickly and under pressure
- A professional attitude when dealing with customers
- A good listener
- Accuracy in taking client details
- A typing speed of 30 words per minute
- Good broadband speeds
- Quiet and suitable environment
- Computer will be supplied by the company
Training will be office based (at our offices in Newbury) – once trained the role will be home based.