When we provide services, we want to make them easy to use, useful and reliable. Where services are delivered on the internet, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device, for example, computer or mobile phone. These include small files known as cookies.
These pieces of information are used to improve services for you through, for example:
- recognising that you may already have given an email address/website when you leave a blog comment, meaning you don’t need to re-type that information for every comment you leave
- measuring how many people are using our website via Google Analytics, so the website can be made easier to use, and more suited to your needs
You can manage these small files yourself. You can find out how to do this, and learn more about Cookies in general here.
Our website uses a number of cookies. The following list outlines exactly what cookies this website uses, and what they are used for:
Google Analytics sets cookies to help us accurately estimate the number of visitors to the website and what content is most popular. This helps to ensure that our website is responding to your needs in the best way possible. Google Analytics sets the following cookies:
- __utma (Expiry: 2 years)
- __utmb (Expiry: 30 minutes)
- __utmc (Expiry: At end of session)
- __utmz (Expiry: 6 months)
When you leave a comment on our blog, three cookies are set to store your name, email address and website. This is so that if you wish to leave another comment, you won’t have to re-type this information:
- comment_author_0e29867b635305caa68d3334416dd07a (Expiry: A little under 1 year)
- comment_author_email_0e29867b635305caa68d3334416dd07a (Expiry: A little under 1 year)
- comment_author_url_0e29867b635305caa68d3334416dd07a (Expiry: A little under 1 year)
Third Party Services
In addition to the above, this website uses a number of third party services, which set their own cookies. These services include:
- ShareThis: used to allow sharing of content via Social Media. ShareThis sets a cookie __unam (Expiry: 9 months), which monitors “click-stream” activity, e.g. web pages viewed, navigation from page to page, time spent on each page etc.
- YouTube & Vimeo: used to share video content
- Disk Directory: used for our ‘Have Your Say’ feedback form
- Zopim : we use this for managing chat with our visitors in real time
If you have any questions or concerns about the cookies used on this website, please do not hestitate to contact us.