Here at Verbatim, we understand the importance of being available to customers, at a time that suits them, whenever this might be. Our telephone answering service ensures you never miss an important call. But what about those prospective customers who don’t call?
Even before the pandemic, the trend was heading towards chat as the customer service channel of choice and it’s now second-placed when it comes to solving customer-service problems.
Why bring web chat to your business?
So what are the benefits that web chat can offer to your business?
- Improved leads: If potential customers approach you using web chat, it’s often because they’re already interested in your business, but still have questions or doubts which need answering. A short but effective engagement at the right time can be key to converting these prospects. The ability to track their journey through your website means you can often anticipate the products they are interested in or the queries they might have.
- Swifter action: Web chat is great for those questions that don’t require a phone call or email exchange, but which are critical to a customers
decision-making process. It’s especially helpful for anyone who doesn’t have the time to read through your website or brochure for specific information.
- Value for money: Web chat is often a cheaper way to manage conversations with customers. Chat agents can typically manage multiple chats simultaneously, increasing customer satisfaction whilst decreasing costs. What’s not to like about that?
- Customer satisfaction: Well-managed chat has been shown to positively influence customer opinion and is often the preferred method of communication for those with limited time or who simply prefer the simplicity and speed of text over talk. Customers want their needs met as quickly as possible and a good chat service can be unmatched in this regard.
- Competitive edge: In competitive industries, potential customers will move on very quickly to the next option if they don’t get what they want quickly. Having no chat or, even worse, slow chat may mean the end of many customer relationships before they’ve even begun.
So where do Verbatim come in?
Hopefully we’ve convinced you that web chat is worth having, so why not manage it yourselves? After all, you know your business better than anyone?
Well, we’ve learnt the hard way that this isn’t always the best approach. When we first introduced web chat on our website, we did it like many other companies in a rather ad hoc way. You see, the folks we had doing the web chat weren’t the customer-service experts we have answering the phones, day in, day out. Consequently, we don’t mind admitting we weren’t that great – team members were taking it in turns to pick up chat conversations. We were muddling through and trying our best whilst juggling many other responsibilities. Chats got missed and a digital ‘popped out for 5 minutes’ sign was hanging on the door all too often!
The solution really is simple. Leave the job to the team of customer-service professionals who we trust to answer our telephone calls and, as you can see from the recommendations on our website, so do our customers.
The result? No more missed chats, near instant responses, a significant increase in leads generated through chat, and frankly, we don’t mind admitting that the quality of the conversations are a whole lot better too!
So, don’t waste time and miss any more potential leads from your website, sign up to a FREE 1-month trial of our live web chat service. Once you’ve tested it out, you won’t look back!